Functions and Responsibilities
- To promote the overall academic affairs of the institute.
- To provide direction with regard to methods of instruction, evaluation or research or improvement in academic standards
- To consider matters of academic interest either on its own initiatives or at the insistence of the governing council and take proper action there on.
- To approve the proposals/regulations recommended by the Board of Studies on academic regulations, framing of syllabus and evaluation methods.
- To introduce value added courses/ certificate courses which are required to meet industry needs
- To prescribe courses of study leading to undergraduate and Post graduate degree of the institute
- To develop the regulations for student’s admission based on government policies.
- To formulate guidelines for the conduct of examinations in conformity with bye-laws of the institute and the affiliating university
- To maintain proper standards of the examination
- To develop the guidelines for sports, extracurricular activities, maintenance and functioning of play grounds and hostels
- To promote research within the institute and acquire reports on such research from time to time for further guidance and advice
- To prescribe measures for departmental coordination
- Ratifies and resolves the minutes of Board of Studies
To make recommendations to the governing council for the following:
- Inception of new courses
- Initiate measures for improvements of standards of teaching, Training and research
- Institution of fellow ships, Travelling fellowships, scholarships, medals, prizes etc.
- Establishment or discontinuation of courses / centers and formulate bylaws guiding the academic functioning of the institute admissions and examinations.
|S.No.||Members (as per UGC Norms)||Members Nominated|
|1||The Principal (Chairman)||Dr. C. Venkatesh|
|2||Three nominees of the university||
|3||Not less than four experts from outside the college representing such area as Industry, Commerce, Law, Education, Medicine, Engineering, etc., To be nominated by the Governing Body.||
|4||All the Heads of Departments in the college||
|5||Four Teachers of the college representing different categories of teaching staff by rotation on the basis of seniority of service in the college.||
|6||A faculty member nominated by the Principal (Member Secretary).||Dr. K. L. Palanisamy, Chairman, BOS / S & H|